The San Diego Health Archive has a digital collection of documents, data, statistics, & reports on San Diego’s health and health-related topics. Most documents in this digital archive are searchable. These documents are presented for historical purposes. For current documents, please visit the appropriate agency websites.
Government and non-governmental private agencies now create many “born-digital” reports. These documents are often posted on the web but many of them are never printed. Since many agencies have no formal digital preservation plan, important documents have already been lost. Every agency publishing public health related reports is encouraged to develop its own digital archive and to maintain it on-line and available to the public. The United States Library of Congress supports the creation of digital collections as part of the National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP), authorized by Congress in December 2000.
Most of the documents presented here are PDF files which have been downloaded from the websites of local, state, and federal government agencies and non-profit organizations. The files are stored on our server and made available to the public free of charge and without registration. Files are also stored on more permanent media at the San Diego History Center’s Research Library in Balboa Park.
Here are a just few of the pieces of material in the San Diego Health Archive:
- OTAY MESA PORT OF ENTRY SOUTHBOUND TRUCK ROUTE IMPROVEMENTS
- MOBILE FOOD FACILITY REQUIREMENTS(PUSHCARTS/TRAILERS/ETC.)
- RETAIL FOOD FACILITY OPERATOR’S GUIDE
- WHOLESALE FOOD WAREHOUSE RISK CONTROL PLANWORKBOOK
- COUNTY AUTHORIZED FOOD HANDLER TRAINING SCHOOL
- Demographic Profile County of San Diego Community Profiles by Region and Subregional Area San Diego County Demographics Profile by Region and Subregional Area
- How To Pack a Safe School Lunch
- Cox, Daniel H. “Premature mortality in California, 2004.” Center for Health Statistics. December (2006). – Full article PDF